Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Finally!

We have been living in our little house for 5 years now and we've remodeled every room except the kitchen. Ricky bought the house knowing that we were eventually going to upgrade everything, but I had no idea it would take us 5 years to do it.








Here is the before picture... it is so bad I can't believe I am even putting it on here!






It only took one night to demo. I am a very sentimental person and I have to admit, I was a little sad to see it go. Just a little. I cooked our first meal in that kitchen. I spent many days at the sink trying to wash dishes without throwing up (from morning sickness)... burnt my first meatloaf in that oven... ahh the memories... oh well, goodbye 1941 kitchen!!



Drywall is up. Do you like the purple? I thought about keeping it that color... JK.


I think this is taken at the beginning of week 2 with no kitchen.... It was the longest 2 weeks of my life! We played, ate and slept in my bedroom during this time. It was insane, but we survived!






Mom came over and helped me finish painting before the cabinet guys came. Ricky was up till 3am painting the night before.













And here is the finished project!! We keep asking ourselves why we didn't do this sooner!




























I'm so proud of my hubby! He was a carpenter, plumber, electrician, a lawnman and still a daddy through this whole process!!





6 comments:

krackerjap said...

Oh yeah... and the microwave is being shipped... if you are wondering why there's an empty space over the stove.

Unknown said...

it is great! you should be very proud.... now you can sell it! hahaha

Unknown said...

now do you wanna sell your house!! not on your life, it is gorgeous. just as we knew it would be!! great job, plumber, electrician, painter,lawnman, and daddy!!!xoxoxox

krackerjap said...

I agree, it's wonderful to have a new kitchen... but it didnt make my closets any bigger:) I am content, but I still have a goal of moving in the near future!!

Hi, I'm Heather. said...

It looks so good! Did you use the same color on the walls in the kitchen that you used in your living room? Was it open before like that, where you could see into the living room? The "After" is so much better than the "Before" :-)Great job!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks great!