Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Despite my efforts... no, I have not fallen off the face of the earth. Some days I think it would be easier to do so than to accomplish all that I have waiting on my to do list. Lately I have let myself become easily overwhelmed, a word I am now very familiar with. I would almost go as far as to say that "Overwhelmed" and I have become best friends.
I know (and try to remind myself) that one day soon I will wish that my worries were as minor as, "which child had the green cup with the blue lid" and "which one had the blue cup with the green lid." Or "how many more minutes Parker has left before he has to share the coveted toy".... (which today happens to be a shoestring with a dog hanging from the end of it. )
A couple days ago, I heard Parker get frustrated and start crying in the other room. I went in to check on him and found him trying to put his pants on. He said, "I can't do it. I can't!!" As I was speaking these words to my little boy, I felt like God was saying them to me.... I said, " You don't have to do it by yourself Parker, just ask me for help!" Instantly I was reminded, like a little child, that what may seem overwhelming to us is simple to God. If we would just ask for help and stop trying to do it all on our own.
I could blog for the next 48 hours on what has happened this summer... but I think I'll save it for another time. To be continued... I promise:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! very true :) good reminder, needed that right about now

Boysaplenty!! said...

Isn't our Lord just like that! He sometimes speaks out of the simpliest situations and it feels like a flood of warmth and love unleashed on my dry and weary soul! He knows, my sweet daugher, your every moment and He is an on-time God! P.S. Nonna is ready for your Mom's day out anytime. Bring on the troops ;-)
I love you.