Tuesday, January 27, 2009

1-800-222-1222 Memorize it.

I guess I will start out with a blog I recently posted on "myspace." This is for all of you who have no idea what myspace is or how to use it. :)





I sit here typing, unsure if I should actually post this for the world to see.... Will you laugh? Will you think I am a terrible mother?? Who cares. If you have a Parker around your house you will completely understand. And if you dont, than you can visit my page anytime and read about all the joys and heart stopping moments you are missing out on! Up until now I haven't let you in on all the emergency calls I have had to make to the above number (AKA poison control.) I'm not sure why, because after its all over we always have a good laugh!

The first call was made when Parker was 7 months old. When the dispatcher asked how old my child was I wanted to die. How do you explain that your 7 month old ate the ink out of a printer?? Luckily it was no big deal, he just pooped Primary colors for a week. (Ok, I am exaggerating a little.)


Call number two was a little too scary for me. Ricky was painting the house and had turned around for one second. Parker took the paint stick stirrer out and licked it clean. Who would ever think that would look appetizing to a 1 year old? The directions from our good old friends at the poison control center were to just keep an eye on him and if he started having seziures call them back. That was reassuring news. He seemed fine, other than the fact he was super grumpy. I wouldn't let him take a nap all day because I was afraid he would go into a coma or something.

There were several ingestions in between the above story and this last event, I just dont remember them. Some I didnt even bother calling about. I figured, "If he can digest printer ink, surely he can handle johnson and johnson's baby lotion."

This last call I seriously thought we were heading to the ER. I heard Parker in the diaper bag, so I finished filling out the address on the envelope I was working on and proceeded with haste to the bedroom. No more than 1 minute had past and the little booger had already opened the Children's Motrin (with the childproof lid) and dumped half of it in the floor and was drinking the rest. Please, imagine this with me.... Luke is in the floor swimming in an orange puddle laughing, Sophie is licking it all up as fast as she can and Parker is backed against the wall with an orange mustache saying " Mommy, no pank me... no time out!" ( let me insert here..... no, we do not beat our kids!) I didnt know who to grab first. Luckily my friend Pam, at the poison control center calmed me down and helped me determine exactly how much he drank. Not enough, thank the Lord!

Hope that you laugh and learn from these stories and do not feel the need to turn me in. I think I'll go write Pam a thank you letter!

2 comments:

Boysaplenty!! said...

Hey, I found you! Oh, you will get the hang of blogging in no time and I am one of those illiterate myspace people so I am going to love seeing my babies pix up more often!!
Hugs,
Mom

Unknown said...

i feel so much better now!!! one of the 3 muskateers leading the blind (me). pam, i had to ask her what she was talking about, yeah people trusted me with their documents,ha!