Monday, April 20, 2009

Shout Em Out

Today's one of those days where I'm just waiting for someone to step into my life and say "You're on Candid Camera!" (remember that show??) I think it all started with the bag of goldfish crackers the boys had for breakfast while I was working on senior pictures. Parker is very familiar with the snack cabinet and gladly shares his findings with Luke. Hey, at least he's sharing.
After a nutritious breakfast I decided that I'd better get serious with my chore list for the day. Desperate to complete my photo work, I opened up the back doors and let the boys play in their new sandbox ( thanks Landen) while I sat in bedroom and worked on the computer. I could see them out of the corner of my eye and could hear them laughing and playing. This was working out great! I'll pay to air condition the backyard any day in exchange for a few minutes of silence.
They were so close, yet so far away. About 5 minutes into my work I got that feeling in my stomach. You know, that sudden jerk inside that tells you something is going on that shouldn't be...that one. Every good mother has felt this at some point. :) Anyway, I stepped out the back door to find that the boys had left the sandbox and had moved their playtime into the laundry room. I knew it! I knew they were into something other than the shovels and buckets I had left them with. What I didn't know, until after Luke slipped out of my hands, was that Parker had pulled the "Shout" stain removal off the shelf and soaked his brother with it...along with everything else in the laundry room two feet and below. As aggravating as it was to have to stop what I was doing and bathe boys, I couldn't help but laugh. Parker kept saying, " I do No-sing (nothing) Mom." Isn't it amazing how we learn how to lie so early in life?
Parker ended the evening by dumping out a bottle of bubble bath on the bathroom floor and all in the toilet. It was another lovely day. :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

so you rlaundry room is above reproach( sparkling clean) and your bathroom must be spic and span, hahah . look at this way, those are 2 rooms you do not have to clean now!

Boysaplenty!! said...

Awww...I know you can't be talking about MY SWEETIES!! Surely someone else's boys slipped in and did those awful things!! Ha! Ha!
Great memories and it is good that you can stop and laugh with it!
I "wub" my "wittle" guys!
NONNA

Unknown said...

I do NO-sing... I've heard that one before! as innocent as little ones are it is amazing to see them lie (and very badly! ha ha)

Anonymous said...

you know...there are people who get paid to blog..you should look into it. I go to your site all the time hoping you've posted another one! :)