Sunday, March 15, 2009

Zippity Do Da ..........

Last week Ricky and I decided to take the boys to Disney and ended up spending the night in one of their pirate themed hotels. It was too cute! ( a little scary for the boys though!)

Although our 2 day getaway sounded great, I was very concerned about Parker and his potty training. I considered buying a pack of pullups, but decided that would be a setback for him. We brought lots of underwear and our portable potty instead ( which... by the way is worth a million dollars now because they've stopped making them!)

The carpet looked like wood planks, the beds were pirate ships, our fridge was a barrel and the dresser was a treasure chest! My favorite part was that the room was brand new and had only been opened a few weeks earlier. Which meant that only a few bare sweaty feet had been on the floor and the TV remote couldnt have been handled by more than a dozen sticky fingers. Thank the Lord! For those of you who know me.... you know how important this is to me! I always inspect my sheets apon arrival and bring my flip flops to wear in the shower at all hotels. If you are reading this and you are someone who actually gets a bath in ANY hotel bathtub..... please keep that to yourself!! Imagine how many people have peed in those tubs!! UGH!! Maybe Im like this because I was infested with scabies on my honeymoon. I should blog about that someday. Boo Sandals!
Anyways, the room was adorable... and clean! We loved it!

We rode the Safari ride in Animal Kingdom and Parker LOVED it! The guide was giving us facts about the animals and I couldnt believe how much Parker caught on to! He was asking me if we could see the "Winos" (rinos) and the Wions (lions) and he told me, "Mom, wions sleepy!" The guide had told us that lions sleep up to 17 hours a day. I was impressed!





















One of our 100 stops in a bathroom that day! (below) I couldnt help but capture this moment! Luke was screaming his head off because he wanted to get out.
Disney had family size bathrooms all over the park! Boy, times change! Three years ago I had never heard of "family bathrooms" and now I get excited over them!!





Parker did so good! I was a little annoyed at how many times we had to visit the bathroom, but happy that he was letting us know in the middle of all of his excitement!
You should have seen the reactions we would get everytime we had to have our bags searched and the security guard pulled out a mini toilet!








Overall, we had an awesome "mini" vacation and I am already looking forward to the next!

2 comments:

Boysaplenty!! said...

I am glad you all had a good time at Disney! You should be a spokesperson for those portable potties!! I can't believe they have quit making them. Mommies of America rise up! Let your voices be heard! Don't let these potty chairs become extinct!

Luke doesn't look too happy to be in that shark's mouth!!

Unknown said...

that room looks so cute but did the scenes scare the kids? you'll look like you'll had a good time. did this time make of for last time?