Saturday, March 28, 2009

Skinny Diving

Well, it's finally warm enough to play in the water and summer is coming full speed ahead... along with the birth of our 3rd child (yikes!) Time seems to fly by faster and faster every day! I can't believe how fast my boys are growing!! Parker is pretty much potty trained these days and doesn't even tell me anymore when he has to go. Many times I find him in the bathroom with both hands clinging to the toilet & his little legs wrapped around the bowl saying, " I get candy go pee mom?" Someone please tell me....when do you stop handing out candy?? I mean, he can make himself pee 20 times a day just to get a tic tac. More than once we've been in a public bathroom when someone came in the stall beside us and Parker loudly announced, "Mom!! They go pee!! They get candy mom?" It's all about the candy!
We are proud of our potty training success, can you tell? Playing in the water and having a picnic outside is a nice change in our daily routine. Parker loves to swim naked. Good thing our back yard has a privacy fence!


Luke, on the other hand, is way too busy to swim. He likes to climb on everything but has terrible balance. He falls and bumps his head at least twice a day. Aunt Ann knew what she was doing when she sent us the boo boo bunny!







Out of all the things I have outside to play with, Luke wants to dangle himself off the corner of the picnic table....causing more stress in my life. I cant relax because of this child! He likes to live on the edge... literally!

I've been thinking the last few days about just how full my hands are, and how they are about to get fuller (is that a word?) When I am going through the drills and daily routines I don't have time to think about how insane my life is. But when the bath water has drained, teeth have been brushed, prayers said and lights go out, I find myself sitting in dark silence and reality sets in. My life is crazy! Talking two year olds, short tempered one year olds and the woes of pregnancy... aghhh. Some days I dont know how I will survive. I am so very thankful for a supportive husband, willing parents and the comfort of knowing that my Lord is only a prayer away! The chaos of today will soon be gone and I will wish it back (not sure about that, but that's what I've been told) so I am trying to hang on and enjoy every moment with my boys! I am thankful everyday that I get to stay home and experience their childhood with them!


3 comments:

Boysaplenty!! said...

It does pass quickly so you are being very wise in looking at this time as a season to enjoy them rather than dread the seemingly endless days of chaos. Don't worry about the house, dishes and floors...Ricky! Play with your little ones. It WILL be gone too soon!

Unknown said...

iluv this episode! my little pool was the bestest (is that word also?ha) babysitter i ever had. i was out there naturally but boy was that a lullabye for me plus being in fl, way down south, after supper they would go back into the bathtub oops meant pool, all i had to do was brush the teeth. not knowing the Lord then, there weren't prayers or readings at night (i just read) (and she has 6) where the mom sat in the hallway, lights out, and read to her children at night a story of Christ or her own childhood or something,neat huh! i would have done that, read out in the hallway. i need pics of your great yard that your fabulous husband put together. you'll are a great pair. you and ricky are good parents. that is hilarious him wrestling and those noises and thumps and thuds, hhah

Jessica said...

I love those boys! I know I wouldn't trade them for a million girls..however I can't wait to hold ava/reese/lily/baby scott! Seriously I can see us in ten years, wondering where the time went!