Monday, July 20, 2009

Five minutes on the phone equals one big mess

A lot can happen in 5 minutes. I've known this for a while now, but today it was brought back to my attention just how much damage can be done in that short of time.
I was chatting with my mother on the phone when out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of something brown in the middle of the floor. "Dog poop? Noooo, my dog rarely makes a mess in the house. Although, it is a rainy day, maybe she didn't go when I let her out.... hmm." I was listening to mom discuss vacation plans while simultaneously trying to figure out if my eyes were playing tricks on me. It was at that very moment I saw my second born in the squatting position. Diaper MIA. I quickly ended the phone call with mom and grabbed the illegal dumper and ran him to the changing table. The whole time I cleaned up Luke, I tried to make sure Parker stayed in the living room far away from the pile and totally forgot about the dog. Yes. She did. And let's just say she shouldn't need to eat for a couple days.
I am still trying to figure out how I have more encounters with poop than the average mom. Just last week I caught Luke with my Tupperware in the toilet and water all over the bathroom floor. So, who wants to come over for dinner?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for using the paper plates with us!!! haha