Saturday, February 7, 2009

To C-section or not to C-section... That is the question

Just a few days ago I had one of those "oh so familiar" feelings where your stomach starts practicing contractions ( braxton hicks.) For some reason I always have these very early in my pregnancies. Lord knows I shouldn't need the practice. I mean, we just did this a year ago. Do we really need to start practicing this early ? Along with those feelings a thought occurred to me..... "Oh my, I have to have another baby. I have to go into labor. Again." Up until this point I truly hadn't thought much about how the baby was going to get here. I guess I've spent all my free time calculating the chances of having another boy instead (that's a whole other blog.) I was up late into the night that night replaying in my head my last two births, which are still VERY fresh on my mind. How can you have the worst and most wonderful day of your life all in one day? Right now all I can think about is the "worst" part. People ask, "how do you feel about labor?" I ask them, "how do you feel about laying down in the road and letting a semi run over you?" That's about how exciting it is, except you have a beautiful baby in the end ( that's the wonderful part!)

So, this lingering thought hangs over my head...... "C-section or no C-section? " Having had both, I know the pros and cons of each. The thought of laying down and effortlessly having a child seems to out weigh the alternative.... I'm skipping the part about how exhausting and painful a natural birth is because I think everyone should have a baby or two! However, if I choose to have a C-section I wouldn't be able to hold my boys for weeks or take care of my family by myself. Hmm..... painful birth or painful recovery?

1 comments:

Boysaplenty!! said...

I vote for the natural birth!! The second natural birth will not be like the first one normally....which is the category you never seem to fall into ;) However, with all the prayers covering you I think you will be fine. Can't wait for the BIG DAY on Tuesday!!!! Keep in mind the Lord has a plan and He sees the big picture. We tend to just see the "right now".
Hugs,
MOM