Friday, February 27, 2009

Ready Or Not, Here I Go

I've come to the conclusion that potty training is unavoidable in my life, so I might as well bite the bullet and do it. I have been talking about it with Parker for over a year now, but not consistantly. A few months ago I bought this cute little chair with a toilet roll holder and a drawer and everything. (Who needs a drawer on their toilet, I have no clue.) I was so excited to bring it home and start talking about how to use the "big boy potty." With all these great ideas, books and videos I had collected I just knew I would be a professional pee pee trainer in a few short days. About the same time I had found out I was pregnant & simple tasks (like sticking my hand in the sink to drain the dish water) was starting to make me sick. Not long after introducing the "big boy potty" Parker did his thing and was so excited about his accomplishment!! And of course, so was I........... until I realized it. This cute little chair with all the extras, drawers and all, did not flush. What in the world was I suppose to do with the pile we had just applauded? I considered throwing the whole chair away, but quickly remembered how much I spent for the stupid thing. So, I closed the lid and saved it to show daddy....hoping he would figure out what to do with the prize inside. I wasnt about to go there.


Our potty training ended soon after it started due to the fact Parker wouldnt get on the potty that flushed itself. It costs approx. $100 a month for us to buy diapers and wipes for two babies, not to mention the amount of time I spend standing at the changing table.... AND we are fixing to add to that. Something had to be done! I decided to research disposible potty chairs and found a travel chair that has a bag. Sold! I would have paid anything they were asking at that point!




Now we are on the right track! I just started yesterday and Parker has done great!! He hasn't made a mistake since yesterday morning!! Today he was outside playing and he said, "Pee Pee!" and ran in the house. I am so proud of him and it's nothing I have done. I forget to ask him with all the other things going on. We've saved 5 or 6 diapers since yesterday and I am more than excited about that!!

Kudos to whoever invented travel potty chairs, even if it is missing the little drawer and roll holder!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

OH kuddos to the mother!!!!he was so ready and i'm so glad! he is so excited about this new adventure. he is such a great baby oops little man.good job mommy. (on another note) how do i change my pic for these blogs?luv you all

Boysaplenty!! said...

Ha! Ha! Love the blog today! Yes, that is Nonna's little man! Does he remember that his reward is to come spend the night at Nonna's?? Looks like we will be doing that real soon. He is a big boy now like Uncle B and Uncle Bryce. Such a sweetie!
Nonna

Ginger said...

Please tell Landen's mom where you purchased this traveling potty because we are in desperate need of one. He likes to use his for a step stool to turn the water on.
Maybe when we get moved to the country we'll be settled.
p.s. missed you today

Jessica said...

I'm so proud of him!